Contract Service Technician
Able to work alone to perform scheduled maintenance and to diagnose and repair equipment. Maintain customers equipment in accordance with the program and/or with manufacturers’ recommended maintenance procedures in a safe and efficient manner, insuring machine availability according to the guarantee provided to the customer.
1. Conduct routine, scheduled inspections and perform routine maintenance functions on each piece of equipment assigned, maintaining safe working habits as a primary consideration at all times. Use time wisely so that both customer and HMI are best served.
2. Make repairs to equipment as required.
3. Report in complete detail on a timely basis, both verbally and in writing, according to the established reporting system. Report all non-routine finds immediately to the lead person or service manager.
4. Good communication is vital. Stay in touch with the lead person and/or the customer support center daily so that your location is always known.
5. Maintain assigned parts inventory, accounting for parts usage according to company procedures. Maintain parts usage log for each machine if required.
6. Respond to call-outs on a 24 hour basis, as assigned.
7. Utilize every customer contact as a continual training program to improve the ability of customer personnel to properly operate the equipment.
8. Utilize various training methods so that a continuous program is in effect to upgrade your professional skills.
9. Keep service vehicle shop and work area clean and orderly.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
Field Service Technician
Summary: Maintain company reputation of professional, efficient response to customers’ technical needs, assure customer satisfaction upon completion of each task, and maximum utilization of time and travel, so that both customer and HMI are best served.
1. Perform maintenance, repair and rebuilding jobs at customers’ job sites or locations in a safe, efficient and capable manner, in the least amount of labor hours necessary. As a field technician in direct contact with the customer, conduct must be such that the customer retains a good opinion of HMI and its service department.
2. Act as group leader when working in your assigned area with a multi-person assignment. Utilize personnel assigned to multi-person tasks so that special talents are exchanged. Multi-person tasks should be used for training, even at the expense of excessive travel.
3. Establish and maintain communication links with service manager and customer support center so that your location is known at all times.
4. Establish a routine travel pattern among assigned customers which will allow you to monitor customer reaction, convey knowledge gained through considerable experience, exchange ideas and observe any areas where special training may be needed.
5. Become personally involved in any situation where warranty work is required. Warranty work should be conducted only with the knowledge of the regional service manager and within the confines of company policy.
6. Provide thorough reports in a timely manner according to the established reporting system.
7. Utilize various training methods so that a continuous program is in effect to upgrade your professional skills.
8. Sell contract (including GamePlan) and HMI services to your customers. Become involved in the team concept of customer support.
9. Utilize every customer contact as a continual training program to improve the ability of customer personnel to properly operate and maintain equipment.
10. Other duties may be assigned.